Amish Country

We were watching a TV show tonight where someones daughter was stolen. Part way through I looked over at Rhonda and said how I couldn't even imagine if Brielle went missing. Honestly, makes me want to throw up at the thought. How do parents survive something like that? I don't think I personally know anyone who's child has gone missing and hope to never. Even more, I hope it's never our child. I can't imagine I'd eat or sleep for an insanely long period of time and I doubt my brain would stop worrying and wondering....hoping and praying.

I would do anything to ensure my child was safe, happy, healthy and loved. Anything in my absolute power. From before she was born, I've always teased saying that if she were that "troubled teenager," I'll sell everything we own and move to Amish country, if that's what it takes. No phones, no cars, no Internet, no nothing. Back to the basics. Tough love. Buuuuuuuuuuttttttttt....then I've watched Leaving Amish and I don't think they're any better than we are. Haha

But in all honesty, I don't understand when parents don't and won't go to the ends of the earth for their children's well being. Why some don't want more for their kids. Is it because they're oblivious to the fact that things should be better....could be better? Are they too lazy to do anything about it? Thinking about all of the trouble that can come with having teenage-aged kids alone (not all, but definitely a good handful), with things like drugs, sex, Internet stalkers & scams, alcohol, quitting school, teenage pregnancy, bullying, self-esteem, failing school, defiancy, and even obesity; I will do whatever needs to be done to ensure my child has help. I will walk to the ends of the earth for her, even if it takes forever. If the thought of her being stolen or abducted frightens me, then all of the other things I've listed above should scare me just as much. They happen way more often and are a reality in a high percentage of kids these days. I would fight to get her back if she were abducted, so why not fight just as hard to ensure that her life is on the right path.

Just a little eye opener and something I was thinking about. I love my baby girl and only want the best for her. I'll make mistakes, and so will she. But, we'll find the right path together.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Find Us on Facebook

Join Us On Pinterest

Grab Our Button

Raising Brielle

------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------

Followers