25 Weeks


Nothing compares to feeling your baby kick for the very first time. Rhonda started feeling baby girl about a month or so ago. It started out as flutters and  moved onto bigger and stronger things, like kicking her bladder. Apparently some women never feel their baby but I imagine this would be scary. Experts say that you will likely start to feel your baby in between 16-22 weeks. By the time Rhonda started thinking she was feeling baby, it was getting close to the 22 weeks. Up until that point, we were starting to get a bit worried. I mean, feeling your little one moving inside gives a real peace of mind that they are alive and kicking....literally. I couldn't imagine the unsettled feeling mommies have when they don't feel their baby throughout their entire pregnancy. I mean, all Rhonda has to do is put food in her mouth and our little girl is super excited. She becomes very active and let's her mommies know all is well.

Last night we had just gotten into bed and had settled when Rhonda asked for my hand. She placed it on the side of her stomach and said baby girl had been kicking there. She also thought baby girl may have the hiccups because of the rhythmic movements she was feeling. But, nothing happened. Then all of a sudden, in the middle of my palm, she kicked me. A few seconds later, she did it a couple more times. It was amazing. A bit weird that a live growing baby, inside my wife's stomach, was pushing through to touch me...but still absolutely amazing. For the first time, the three of us were connected. Definitely something I will never forget.

Before this, Rhonda had only ever felt one baby kick (an old friend of hers) and she figures he's probably 16 years or older now. I had the pleasures of feeling both my nephew Jesse & my niece Rebecca kick. Jesse once and Rebecca two or three times. If you've never experienced it, it truly is an amazing thing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Find Us on Facebook

Join Us On Pinterest

Grab Our Button

Raising Brielle

------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------

Followers