National Coming Out Day

Coming out was probably the most terrifying experience in my life. Pretty much everyone suspected but once I actually said the words, it became real. I felt like a thousand pounds had been lifted off my shoulders even though my fears of losing family came true.

I've had a handful of people tell me things like how I'm going to hell, how I clearly don't believe in God and his word and I've even had ...it said that I would be best to leave my wife and daughter to join a church to be healed. My God loves my little family so much and has given us the courage to live our lives as an "out" family. To show others that love is love no matter what. I think we're a positive example of family and acceptance.

It's sad that we have to announce who we love. Nobody expected me to say "hey, I just wanted you to know that I like men." But they were really interested in knowing I like women and thought it was their business to throw stones because they don't believe I was born this way.

National Coming Out Day is important. I personally feel the need to let everyone know that no matter who you are, who you like and who you love, that you have the right to be you. There's absolutely nothing wrong with you. There's something wrong with uneducated ignorance.





1 comments:

  1. You are not going to Hell. No one can say anything like that and be considered sane. You have expressed yourself and who you really are and well, if people don't like it, then you shouldn't bother much with them. You be you and live your life the best way you know how. Much love :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Find Us on Facebook

Join Us On Pinterest

Grab Our Button

Raising Brielle

------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------

Followers