Must Share: "My Response To The Angry Bitch"

I was relaxing in the tub last night and browsing Facebook, like I normally do, when I came across a post from my friend Glenyce. If you've read my blog before or follow me on Facebook, you know that Glenyce is an amazing person on so many levels. (check her out here: https://www.facebook.com/livinginthemagic) Anyway, I was drawn to watching the video she had posted. Maybe it was the title "My Response To The Angry Bitch" that caught my attention? Maybe it was something else? Either way, I watched, I listened, I connected with it on so many levels and I immediately messaged Glenyce to ask if I could share it with you? And because she's awesome, she said yes.

I will warn you that there is *language* in this video. But hey, we're all adults here, right! (((insert: remove your little ones from the room before you click the link to watch)))


So often we are envious and/or jealous of other peoples lives. I've been there. I used to live that way, but it's been a very long time since I've changed that about myself. In fact, both Rhonda & I have worked very hard to be happy for others around us and instead of wanting what they have or being angry because we felt like we got the short end of the stick in life, we switched that around and just started to work towards creating our happiness and our reality. And because of that, we've created so many amazing experiences and journeys in our life.

Since the days of learning to create the life that we want, Rhonda & I have also had to learn to not take other peoples negative judgement of us personally. I remember a few years ago when I had someone say in anger about how their life isn't all "f*cking rainbows and unicorns" like mine is. We almost always have the same few people talk about how we're made of money and one person in particular refers to Rhonda as "money bags" every chance they get. And even more recently I've had someone express the jealousy they have, over the life I have, yet we grew up the same. I used to feel defencive and even thought we should be hiding this life we've created. I used to feel like I should explain how hard we've worked and how many sacrifices we've made to get where we are today. It was a heavy burden to carry and something that I realize is very wrong. Living a proud life for you, and creating your own happiness, is something that should feel light and should surround your heart with extreme joy. Carrying the burden, guilt and jealous feelings of others is not our personal responsibility.

I think one of the most eye opening things that Glenyce talks about in this video, for me personally, is about letting go of people who do not contribute positively to the life you want to live. When listening to this last night, I think my heart skipped a beat a few times because I can easily think of someone (possibly more than one person) who does not serve a positive role in my life at this very moment. Their constant woes, blaming others, not taking responsibility for their actions, treating others with disrespect, and most importantly, hurting the ones they love on a daily basis without even blinking an eye at it, are things that I simply have to distance myself from. Thankfully this person is not a daily part of my life. I want to continue to surround myself with people who make me feel happy and encouraged. We should never feel a heavy tension when surrounded by loved ones.

Being conscious of your actions and taking control of your own happiness is easier than one thinks. If you are simply aware of finding the good in each day, situation and experience, it's easy to just let that gratitude overflow from day to day, situation to situation and experience to experience. I spent a majority of 2015 struggling heavily with depression and anxiety, but even through all of that, I still managed to keep some hold on creating amazing things in my life.....for myself and with my family. I could feel sorry for myself and the situation that once seemed way out of my control, but that's not where I'm choosing to live. I'm not saying that each and every second of every day has to be all "rainbows and unicorns." As often as it's possible, we need to choose to rise up from a place of darkness and find our own shining light. Set aside the goals and dreams of others and create our own magic. I promise that the more you do this for yourself, the easier it will become and in no time, you'll be creating your own magical reality. It really can be that way if you so choose.


So I'll leave you with this; What else is possible in your life that you haven't even considered?

3 comments:

  1. Amazing post honey. Interestingly enough I just finished a book call "Girl Code - Unlocking the Secretts to Success, Sanity and Happiness for the Female Entrepreneur" by Cara Alwill Leyba

    A quote from that book that really stands out to me is...."If you are maintaining friendships that breed competition, negativity, or jealousy, you've got to let them go. I know it's complicated, and I know it hurts, but allowing people into our life who do not make you better is a recipe for disaster. If you feel guilty over cutting someone loose, thing about this: do they feel guilty about treating you poorly?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this Crystal. It's not easy letting go of negative things in our lives....until it is. It's like every time you allow some happiness and positive in, like really in, even a wee bit, it will grow. The more you feed it, the bigger it grows. Before you know it, you realize you *are* actually pleased with your life...then it grows to realizing you actually *are* happy for someone else's success and not just saying that, then it turns in to not only being genuinely able to celebrate good in your life and the lives of those around you...but you actually *want* others to see what's possible and help one another grow. That's why there's no room for the darkness from this person in your life. Your goodness just spreads:) Like a frickin' blazing rainbow. Of course, hard things still happen and darkness doesn't disappear. It's just that you know if you kick at it long enough, the light can shine through and take over again. This turned out to be way longer than I thought it would...sorry about that. It just really touched me because I used to be a very different person. It takes time and a whole lot of getting over yourself to let happiness in and light shine. When light shines, you can't hide and you're more vulnerable. You're more open to hurt because you care. But at least you get to live life and experience things you never thought possible because you're not hiding in darkness. Kudos to you my friend for letting your light shine and working your way through your dark times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. there are two aspects in life, positive and negative, if you let negative people and thoughts in your life then negativity will prevail positivity. In order tro lead a happy life kick out every negative thing from your life.

    ReplyDelete

 

Find Us on Facebook

Join Us On Pinterest

Grab Our Button

Raising Brielle

------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------

Followers